Human artifacts in dino quarries

 Collegues,

 Some time ago I posted various requests for information on some metal artifacts I have come across in dinosaur quarries in Dinosaur Provincial Park, Alberta, Canada.

 The first of these was sardine tins which appeared to have been opened by a "leftie". Well, I have recently met a man, who, as a boy, worked with Levi Sternberg in Dinosaur Provincial Park. This man tells me that Levi was "Left handed and loved sardines and Spam". So that mystery seems to have been solved!

 The second posting regarded a tear-drop shaped metal hoop, probably of WW 1 vintage. I still don't know what it is, but I can now email JPEG-format images (2) to anyone who might be interested in looking at them and offering their opinions. Please reply offline if interested in seeing the object.

Darren Tanke, Tech. I
Dinosaur Research Program
Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
Drumheller, AB, Canada
                   and
Senior Editor, Paleopathology and Recent
Dento-Osteopathology Bibliography; see homepage
at:  http://dns.magtech.ab.ca/dtanke