Re: Is *Amargasaurus sattleri* a Parent Clade for Dicraeosaurines?

<I'm simply pointing that the sharp divisions we draw along what was
originally a continuous lineage of organisms that were pretty much
indistinguishable from generation to generation is an artifact of extinction
and a spotty fossil record.>

To paraphrase, intermediate forms are largely indistinguishable from their
immediate predecessors and successors.  This would be true even during a
period of comparatively rapid change.  Classification systems, which deal in
end results of a continuous series of changes, tend to be misleading about
how much incremental difference there actually is in the shorter term.
If I'm understanding you correctly, this seems a reasonable assertion.