Sickle-Clawed birds (was Details on Hulsanpes)

Mickey Mortimer said
>>> The second digit was clearly hyper extendable, based on the dorsally
extended articulation on
> phalanx II-1.  This is of course present in dromaeosaurids and Rahonavis,
> has been advocated for Archaeopteryx and Patagopteryx,<<

In reply a0000265@unet.univie.ac.at (sorry about the lack of name, there wasn't
a name imbedded in the email address) said

>>Nope. The excellent specimen in the Natural History of Vienna clearly shows
enlarged claws on the shortened, robust 2nd toes, and the feet look exactly
like an old illustration of a dromaeosaurid foot (with reverted 1st toes),
except that the claws are not THAT big as in dromaeosaurids or Rahonavis.<<

Wait a minute.  I've heard that Archaeopteryx may have had a hyper extendable
inner toe, but Patagopteryx and Confuciusornis too?  I've always liked
Patagopteryx because it seemed to be a perfectly ordinary flightless bird, like
we might have running around in South America right now, and as for
Confuciusornis, it's weird enough already!
Just how widespread were sickle-claws among the dinosaurs?

Dan