New Museum Photos Posted: Pratt and Redpath

Hey group,
Recently I have added yet another group of dinosaur and paleo photos to my
website.  Although none of my new pages deal specifically with one dinosaur, as
my Cryolophosaurus and Suchomimus ones did in the past, there are still some
interesting shots that some of you may be interested in.

During my recent trip to New England I was able to visit the Pratt Museum of
Natural History at Amherst College in Massachusetts.  The Pratt has a large
Tertiary-Quarternary collection, including a mammoth, mastodon, cave bear,
Irish Elk, saber tooth tiger, dire wolf, and several horses and camels.  They
also have some nice invertebrates, plus a fine collection of paleontological
murals by F. Cushing Hall.

Perhaps most relevant to this group are their specimens of Kristosaurus and
Podokesaurus.  Their Podokesaurus is a cast (one of only three known in the
world, as the original was destroyed by fire).  It may be the only Podokesaurus
on the net, so some of you may be interested.  All of the specimens mentioned
above can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/stegob/pratt.html

I also visited the Redpath Museum of Natural History, at McGill University, in
Montreal, Canada during my trip.  This antiquated museum contains a fine
Albertosaurus specimen, along with the whale Delphinapterus (found in
Montreal).  In their non-exhibited collections the Redpath possesses many fine
early tetrapod specimens from Horton Bluff, Nova Scotia.  Some of these, along
with a nice early fish and some aistopods from Mazon Creek, can be seen with
the Albertosaurus and the whale at http://www.geocities.com/stegob/redpath.html

In a few weeks I will get to posting my photos from Dinosaur State Park and the
Museum of Science in Boston, so stay tuned.

Thanks!

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY