RE: Sickle-Clawed birds (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of a0000265@unet.univie.ac.at
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 11:46 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Sickle-Clawed birds (fwd)

Sorry, I'm *really* speaking of Patago*pteryx*. Please have a look at Classifications|Avialae|Ornithurae|Patagopteryx in http://dinosauricon.com. Anyway, thank you for information about Ornitholestes and Megaraptor (and I simply forgot Noasaurus, you know, so sickle claws have evolved more than once).

The type specimen of Patagopteryx doesn’t have toes (only a few phalanges) preserved. So how can it have a sickle claw? There is no indication for it.

Tracy