Betty

Although it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to add my reaction (I only had
two off-list emailconversations with her, but they were long) I feel the need
to say something too. I will remember her for her broad knowledge. I sometimes
post questions on
the net and almost everytime she would respond. The one I remember best was
about Suchomimus. I thought I had worked out how it MUST have hunted. She
proved to me that I didn't think about everything. She gave a LOT of examples
of things I hadn't thought
about. We continued this exchange of ideas and info for a few weeks. Although
she kept correcting me on most suggestions she always ended the message in a
way to encourage me to keep thinking/fantasizing about my idea's. It will be
weird to post my next,
almost certainly not correct, view of dinosaurs and the way they lived and not
see her long response full of friendly suggestions and/or corrections.
I think the amount of responses about her intimely departure is already a great
testimony to her legacy. As far as I am concerned she is still on the list,
because she enhanced our knowledge (certainly mine).

Betty, thanks for your numerous kind responses and our emailconversations,

Bert  'Angel to some, demon to others' Dol

Fysisch analist-2
Innovation & Engineering Group                                  'The lure of
the distant and the difficult is deceptive,
Philips Semiconductors Stadskanaal                         the great
opportunity is where you are.'
The Netherlands

Phone:  0031 599 632380/632306                                         -  John
Burroughs
Fax:        0031 599 632514
Mobile:  0031 620 440978

'Vision is the art of seeing the invisible'   -   Jonathan Swift