Dear Betty...

Dear Betty,

    It is perhaps human nature that often in the forests of human life, we
fail to fully contemplate a song-bird's lovely melody and trill until we
'hear' the vacuum of deep, woodland silence at its end.

    There is little more to say, beyond what Bert through Wagner and Worth
have said so well, excepting that your untimely leaving reminds us to
contemplate our own mortality and to live our lives in such a spirit as
enables goats to fly.

    Thanks, and a heartfelt goodbye, Flying Goat.  You truly are missed.
May your legacy, your song, long resound in the 'Mesozoic forests of our
minds.

    Ray Stanford