Betty Cunningham

Wow, I don't know what to say!  You can never truly estimate how much the
passing of somebody you've never met will affect you until it happens.  I
had some of the most enjoyable disagreements of my life with Betty, despite
being a relatively "newbie" list member and not knowing her as well as some
of you did.  I am reminded of the nights we'd bore the rest of the yahoo
biology room with endless dino talk.  I never got a chance to meet her, yet
I always assumed I would eventually.  I never told her how much I liked her
picture of the nesting Archaeopteryx - I guess I thought it was too obvious
a thing to mention, who *didn't* like her art?  Wherever she is, I hope she
knows she affected so many lives internationally.

With kind memories,
                               Sam