Re: ceratopsian eggs?

I recently had the opportunity to attend the AMNH's "Fighting Dinosaurs"
exhibit. While theropods were the bulk of the display, I was very happy to
see that protoceratopsians were the next best represented group.

In a small corner of the exhibit were a number of juvenile/baby/embyronic
protoceratopsian dinosaurs. They were not identified to genus (and I don't
think they were Protoceratops, although I could be wrong). Specimens
included an absolutely beautiful, nearly complete juvenile protoceratopsian
skeleton. I was especially struck by how long the forelimbs were on that
sucker--almost equal to hindlimb length! A "nest" containing a number of
juvenile protoceratopsians was also displayed. I can't remember if any eggs
were actually in there--I would have to refer back to my photographs.

On similar lines, I am not sure if any of these protoceratopsian eggs have
ever been described. I just obtained a copy of Ken Carpenter's _Eggs, Nests,
and Baby Dinosaurs_, but could find nothing other than a passing reference
to protoceratopsian eggs or nests.

Andy Farke
Andrew A. Farke
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Box C308
501 East St. Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701
(605) 394-2784
andyfarke@hotmail.com