Re: ceratopsian eggs?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:34:33  Andy Farke wrote:

>In a small corner of the exhibit were a number of juvenile/baby/embyronic
>protoceratopsian dinosaurs. They were not identified to genus (and I don't
>think they were Protoceratops, although I could be wrong). Specimens
>included an absolutely beautiful, nearly complete juvenile protoceratopsian
>skeleton. I was especially struck by how long the forelimbs were on that
>sucker--almost equal to hindlimb length! A "nest" containing a number of
>juvenile protoceratopsians was also displayed. I can't remember if any eggs
>were actually in there--I would have to refer back to my photographs.

On a similar note, there was also a very nice Protoceratops hatchling, which
was likely buried in sand immediately after death, displayed in the world
traveling treasures of the Gobi exhibit.

I have a photo of this guy at http://www.geocities.com/stegob/gobi.html

Steve
---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY