Vertebrate biostratigraphy

Hello all,

    I am looking for any papers dealing with guidleines for using vertebrates as index fossils in biostratagraphic correlation. References dealing with crocodilian and varanid distributions in Australia would also be welcome; particularly I am interested in latitudinal, climatic, geographic or whatever controls on what species live where; I am also very interested in any refs on how crocodilian and varanid distribution in Australia has changed over time in recent and ancient times; particularly over say the last 10 ma.

Much thanks,

LNJ
From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
-Dr. Suess

His ignorance covered the whole earth like a blanket and there was hardly a hole in it anywhere.
-Mark Twain
Jeffrey W. Martz
Graduate student, Department of Geosciences, Texas Tech University
3002 4th St., Apt. C26
Lubbock, TX 79415
(806) 747-7910