Stuff about Sue's proportions?

 Dear all

First of all, I'd like to apologize I still use this mailing software which
doesn't insert breaks in the end of lines. If you'll view this from the
Archives, it won't be a pleasure. I'll try to switch my stuff in the near
future.

But, to the main point. Some time ago I read with great interest a message by
Luis Rey, in which he pointed out that our view of T. Rex has changed; he wrote
that the skeletal reconstructions of Sue give reason to believe the animal was
somewhat overweigted, having a shortish tail and much mass in the front (I
think it was Jaime Headden who offered Rey a more avian gait as a solution to
the problem). Also, in Rey's eyes, T. Rex's posterior legs are rather short. He
wrote T. Rex nowdays looks a bit like a torpedo, and criticized a National
Geographic artist who drew his T. Rexes more traditionally.

Well, I son't think I have yet seen pictures of Sue's skeleton showing these
properties. Could you give me some references? I don't have access to any
special special literature, but at least the magazines Scientific American,
Nature, Science, Journal of Zoology, American Journal of Science, American
Naturalist, New Scientist and the ones available in the 'net are the ones I
have access to.

Best wishes
Henri Rönkkö
----