Re: Details on Agustinia

In a message dated 9/19/00 6:35:40 AM EST, Mickey_Mortimer@email.msn.com
writes:

<< Relationships-
 Agustinia is a sauropod based on- more than three sacral vertebrae;
metatarsals I and V with proximal ends subequal in area to metatarsals II and
IV.  It is eusauropod based on- dorsal neural spines broader transversely
than anteroposteriorly; metatarsal III 25% or less of tibial length; minimum
shaft width of metatarsal I greater than II-IV.  Sauropod systematics are
currently unresolved regarding basal forms such as cetiosaurs and
euhelopodids, but Agustinia shares several characters with diplodocoids and
titanosaurids, which would place it in the Neosauropoda. >>

It should also be noted that Bonaparte gave it its own family, Agustiniidae,
in his 1999 paper (if I remember correctly).