Dinosaur History Evolving article in NGS

To Dinolist members:

I am a member of the PaleoNews list as well as this list.

In the past, I occasionally was able to post news articles
prior to Betty. (very occasionally).

In my small effort in remembrance, I will continue to do so.

I sent the following message to the PaleoNews group. In the
future, I will only send news articles there unless Mickey or
Mary suggest that I include the dinosaur list.

(To Betty...)

Don Lamson, lurker extraordinaire.

http://www.ngnews.com/news/2000/09/09212000/dinosaurs_3051.asp

By Hillary Mayell
September 21, 2000

Tyrannosaurus rex is being dethroned as the
king of the dinosaurs.

Paleontologist Paul Sereno is leading a band of
dinosaur hunters across the scorching sands of
Africa's Sahara Desert, searching for fossils that could
rewrite the history of dinosaurs. The new history may
consign T. rex to a much smaller role in the story of
the largest creatures that ever lived.