Re: The Cretaceous Middle-East

At 05:00 pm 19/09/00 -0500, maxsalas wrote:
> Perhaps some hidden valley in
>the Himalayas (where  you can put mongolian dinosaurs), or a far out place
>in the Amazonian Andes, or  even somewhere in the Australian outback (they
>keep finding unusual species down  under) like the one where those
>"prehistoric" trees were found a few years  ago.   Max Salas
        One such place that would conform (maybe) would be in the highlands of
New
Zealand.. I mean, the takahe was pretty much isolated, unknown and free to
evolve at its own pace up in the mountainous valleys..

Drawback is, it's dependent on what dinosaurs/palaeo-beasties would have
been there in the first place, when New Zealand set itself free..
|    Marcus Good aka "Finback"             | "That is not dead       |
|      goodmr@ses.curtin.edu.au            | Which can eternal lie,  |
| http://www.livejournal.com/users/finback | And with strange aeons  |
| "How appropriate! You fight like a cow!" |      -- H P  Lovecraft, |
|                   - Guybrush Threepwood. |      "Call of Cthulhu". |