MEXICO CITY AND BETTY

MEXICO CITY
Today, the Seattle Times' Travel Section ran an article titled "How to avoid
crime problems in Mexico City."  The article can be summed up with the phrase
"don't act like a tourist."  The full text of the article can be found at:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/SeattleTimes.woa/wa/gotoAr
ticle?text_only=0&zsection_id=268448417&document_id=134233715

Simply put: use common sense and don't walk around with wads of 500 peso
notes in your hat.  I hope everyone finds their journey a happy one as we
have less than a month to go.

BETTY
Speaking of SVP....  I had the oportunity to meet Betty Cunningham last
October in Denver at SVP99 and I am glad that I had that chance.  I have been
on the Dinosaur List a long time (since 1995) and not many people are left
from way back when: Tom Holtz, Jerry Harris, Darren Naish and of course Betty
C come to mind as having had a constant presense on the list.  She's someone
I wish we could be a little more like: a person that loved paleontology
because she loved it, and had no axe to grind nor attitude to cop.  She'll be
missed.

Pete Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com

Like to a babe in his mother's robe,