new book

     I'm pleased to announce the newest book in Indiana University Press'
     paleo series, _Dinosaurs of Darkness_, by Thomas H. Rich and Patricia
     Vickers-Rich.  This book is an account of their efforts to collect the
     fossils of polar dinosaurs and other vertebrates from the Early
     Cretaceous of Australia, often under tricky conditions.  There is also
     a summary of our present understanding of the circumstances under
     which these animals lived, and speculation about the biogeographic
     implications of the Riches' finds.  There are nice black and white and
     color illustrations of specimens, and restorations of the living
     beasts.  For more information, have a look at the IU Press website.
     Enjoy.

     Jim Farlow