Re: "A Worrying Systematic Decline" by Lee

Ron Orenstein wrote:

<On the subject of selling rights to names, I suggest
that this is part of a long tradition of honouring
patrons;>

  Actually, in connection with some perspectives in
_Science_ or _Nature_ -- I forget, and didn't get
copies -- this is a matter of "If you fork me over a
thousand quid, I'll let you name a fish..." It's
selling rights to naming things, not honoring patrons.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden