Re: Articles about Chicxulub crater?

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:39:10
 Henri Rvnkkv wrote:

> Dear all
>
>I'm looking for stuff on the Chicxulub crater of Mexico. If you have any
>references, I'd be pleased if you shared them with me.

Henri and group,
Check out Walter Alvarez's book "T. rex and the Crater of Doom."  It has a
great overview of the entire mass extinction debate, and the process of how
Alvarez and his father discovered the cause of the KT extinction to be related
to a comet or asteroid (possibly).

Also check out Alan Hildebrand and Bill Boynton;s 1991 article in Natural
History magazine, "Cretaceous Ground Zero."  In this article they describe the
discovery of the crater, and what evidence they have for Chicxulub being the
impact site.

Also, if you are interested, I interviewed Dr. Walter Alvarez and our
discussion appears online, at http://www.geocities.com/stegob/walteralvarez.html

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY