new geographic article and RE: SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

>> From: by way of "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <th81@umail.umd.edu>
>> [mailto:darren.naish@port.ac.uk]
>>
>> My first book came out today. Is...
>>
>> Martill, D. and Naish, D. 2000. _Walking With Dinosaurs The
>> Evidence_. BBC (London), ISBN 0-780563-537434.
>
>Congratulations!!!

seconded.

>> _Deinosuchus_ is an alligator (in the series
>> it was a crocodile),
>
>I actually tried to get that fixed in the script (although it was too late
>for the model, which had already been filmed), because Chris Brochu's papers
>related to that were JUST coming out when it was time to review the text!

To be fair, the word "crocodile" can be used in a variety of contexts, and
Deinosuchus is low enough within Alligatoroidea to be just barely an
alligator.

On a different note - did y'all see the short article in National
Geographic about the "Archaeoraptor" affair?  I took issue with some
aspects, but it seems to have done a relatively decent job of explaining
what happened and what went wrong.

chris

Christopher A. Brochu
Department of Geology