Re: new geographic article

At 09:31 AM 9/28/2000 -0600, you wrote:
On a different note - did y'all see the short article in National
Geographic about the "Archaeoraptor" affair?  I took issue with some
aspects, but it seems to have done a relatively decent job of explaining
what happened and what went wrong.

I did see it and I felt the same way you did. I thought a lot of it seemed to be finger pointing. I am sure it was damage control, but it is a perfect example of why we should wait for careful science to take its course. There is a reason Dr. Holtz has us all chanting "wait for the paper". "Archaeoraptor" just became the poster-child for this mantra.

Darryl Jones <dinoguy@interlog.com>

For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at:

http://www.interlog.com/~dinoguy