Re: Babies and Ecology

In a message dated 9/29/00 3:01:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dbensen@gotnet.net writes:

>     After all, baby crocodiles (if they are not being fed by their parents)
> must hunt.  Logically,
>  baby crocs would hunt smaller prey then their parents, and so would make a
> different impact on
>  their environment then adult crocs.  However temporarily, the same species
> of croc would occupy two
>  niches simultaneously.

Chris Brochu, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I've seen pictures of
small alligators leaping after dragonflies and small birds.  So yes, that
would involve a rather different diet from adults.

But it is likely that tyrannosaurs grew a heckuva lot faster than alligators.
 Just something to think about.

Nick P.