Archie, Jurapt, and a Feather

I wrote:

<<Read Howgate, 1984, 1985 (_Beginnings of Birds_,
Viohl et al., (eds)), on the Eichtdtt *Archaeopteryx*
which he first distinguished as a new species, *A.
recurva* then as a new genus *Jurapteryx recurva.*
Limb proportions do not appear to reflect trends in
ontogeny of the other specimens, suggesting
separation.>>

<(Note that Howgate did not in fact plot up the data
in question, nor run any real allometric analysis).>

  I merely report the suggestion. I like the paper in
its comparisons, but I think Howgate is a little
zealous in his splitting [not intended as _ad
hominem_] in this degree by separating the form.
Sexual dimorphism, and all that.

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden