Re: Feathered topics.

Well, I beg to differ. We are not talking about sentiments here, we are
talking science and hard evidence (instead: Disney movies ARE about
'sentiments' don't they?).
Obviously I'm also not talking about covering in protofeathers, and even
less: Feathers, ALL the dinosaurs (I'm specially leaving out all
ornithopods, although things might change in the near future, and
anything "±rhino to elephant plus size").
Let's put it to the test and do the 'Small Theropod Count". How many in
Walking With Dinosaurs?  Coelophysis, Ornitholestes and...? Maybe we
should add Tyrannosaurus hatchlings?
And what about the Disney movie: Velociraptor, Oviraptor and..?
This meager count of should-be-furry dinosaurs amounts to nothing
compared to the sophisticated work done in the 'lemurs' and the amount
of work in the absurd reconstruction of Cretaceous grasses.

So I think the argument about excuses-while-pandering-the-audiences
still stands. This is not by any means an attack on the hard labor of so
many artists and CG workers involved.

Also, taking it to  the extreme and assuming that budget is what really
counted for the absence of protofeathery theropods:  Constrains on
budget meant here purpotedly unreal animals based on dated or obsolete
data.
And the problems extend beyond that: I have seen CG people who got
involved in parallel productions to WWD that  animated running
Utahraptors without any knowledge of the comparative anatomy of the
animal, thus recreating those absurd 'cheetah speed' Utahraptors with
'loose thighs' legs running like a man!

What is more desirable:  To depict a lion without hair and create a
fictional, distorted animal based on what we know is true  or no lion at
all?  It all depends on the intentions.While I agree the Disney movie is
not precisely about dino-science and  is just about about a bunch of
'cute' talking monsters, it is more difficult to understand the criteria
with the WWD series that pretended to be "Attenborough in the Mesozoic".

.

--
Luis Rey