Re: Carcharodontosaurus & Spinosaurus

> Carcharodontosaurus saharicus and Spinosaurus aegyptiacus lived at the
same
> time in the same region. Are there any ideas about their different
life-style?
> Did they really share the same habitat? Were they contrahents? Or did they
fed
> on completely different prey and existed just beside the other?

Most probably the latter -- *Carcharodontosaurus* looks like a big-game
hunter (very slight understatement), while *Spinosaurus* did more fishing.

I'll be at my grandparents' for the next 2 weeks. Looking forward to another
700 e-mails... Hopefully I can do part 3 of Details on *Protoavis* then. Its
arms look a lot like those of *Herrerasaurus*, including the strange style
of folding (shown in PDW and in Hopp & Orsen Dinofest 1998)... but there
_still_ are really birdlike parts in it, IMHO.