Re: Carcharodontosaurus & Spinosaurus

--- "THammann@t-online.de" <THammann@t-online.de>
wrote:
> Carcharodontosaurus saharicus and Spinosaurus
> aegyptiacus lived at the same
> time in the same region. Are there any ideas about
> their different life-style?
> Did they really share the same habitat? Were they
> contrahents? Or did they fed
> on completely different prey and existed just beside
> the other?
>
> Maybe there are some interesting hypothesis on the
> list...

Greetings from Oregon USA, Thomas!

I've been especially interested in the
non-coelurosaurian tetanurans for quite some time now,
and what little I've learned about the saharan taxa
suggests that the large spinosaurs in that region fed
on large fish and probably the ornithischians.
Carcharodontosaurs seemed to have evolved to hunt the
larger sauropods, and therefore the predatory habits
of these animals did not overlap as much. Although I'm
sure there were many encounters between these
creatures, it was probably not a common affair, and
rarely resulted in a JP3-style battle. At least that's
my take on the situation.

Cheers,

Waylon Rowley