RE: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #170

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Dinogeorge@aol.com
>
> "In the same issue, Kristina Curry Rogers, a Stony Brook graduate
> student, and Catherine Forster, another Stony Brook paleontology
> professor, announce the discovery of a nearly complete fossil of
> a new genus
> and species of sauropod dinosaur, which they named for Dr. Krause: the
> Rapetosaurus krausei."
>
> Accordingly, we add genus #918 to the Dinosaur Genera List:
>
> Rapetosaurus Rogers & Forster, 2001

Incidentally, a website describing the discovery of Rapetosaurus krausei,
with field photos and restorations, is available at:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/08/0801_madagascardino.html

Cool new stuff about dinosaurs; and not the LAST new cool stuff this week...

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite