Re: WING FEATHER ATTACHMENT

Alan Smith wrote:

>I guess my original question still remains what kind of feathers do I put on the arms, (and tail) of my Bambiraptor sculpture?<

Since no one really knows, your decision on the type of feathers for your sculpture will say something about which hypothesis >you< accept regarding the evolution of flight!  Personally, I'd put elongated feathers along the back of the distal half of the arms and somewhat less elongated feathers along the sides of tail (more for display at that point than orientational control). I also tend to think that feathers were probably very well developed as display items at that point, so feathered crests, etc., shouldn't be ruled out.

PTN