Re: News story: Did We Get Dinosaurs' Noses Wrong? OPINION

In a message dated 8/2/01 4:00:38 PM EST, dinotracker@earthlink.net writes:

<< Because whether this animal
 were biting into living animals or just into carcasses, it seems to me that
 such tiny nostrils placed that far forward might easily have become filled
 with blood (or something else, like intestinal contents) or even gradually
 closed when air passing across blood in the nostrils clots it. >>

Tyrannosaurus was a >honker<. That's how it got rid of trifling nasal
obstructions during feeding.