Re: WING FEATHER ATTACHMENT

It has occurred to me that I made an error in my earlier
posts.  I said that all extant gliders (those without
powered flight) use a surface stretched across all four
limbs. What I meant is that all _limbed_ gliders do this,
the gliding snakes obviously do not (no limbs, obviously).

So I'm just not thinking well at all today...

Oh, speaking of gliding snakes, does anyone have any ideas
on how the suckers stay in the air that they could send my
way off-list (since it's not dinosaur related)?  I admit it
puzzles me a bit. I'm speaking of members of the genus
Chrysopelea.

Thanks,

Michael Habib
mbh3q@virginia.edu