RE: semilunate carpal

> I have a question: why was the semilunate carpal beneficial to
> carnivorous
> theropods??

One possibility: it allows a big hand to be able to be tucked next to the
body while not in use.

Thankyou for the answer Dr Holtz. But what does this have to do with predatory beheviour?

I had thought that the semilunate carpal may have something to do with the hand being swung (swivelled) in a "predatory arc". As the arms came forward and downward (the "predatory stroke" of the forelimb) the wrists snapped inward, allowing the hands to grasp the prey.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.....