Re: Masiakasaurus knopferi arms

Stacey Burgess wrote-

In all of the reconstructions of  Masiakasaurus knopferi  I have seen it was depicted with 4 full claws, What is the basis for this?

None.  In fact, that's near certainly incorrect.  Although neoceratosaur hands are poorly known, the partial manus of Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus (as well as comparison to Herrerasaurus, coelophysoids, Dilophosaurus and basal tetanurines) suggest that Masiakasaurus had claws on digits I, II and III, with none on digit IV.  I don't think any dinosaurs had four manual unguals.

Mickey Mortimer