Re: Deinocheirus 2nd try

THammann@t-online.de" wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> once more a question about Deinocheirus. Hope not to get on your nerves too
>>
>> Some sources say that it was probably a plant eater and used its huge arms and
>> claws for branching the trees. Other sources say that Deinocheirus could have
>> fed on ants and needed its tools for digging. Older sources say that it was a
>> huge predator which fed on huge prey or at least on fish. But what do the arms
>> and claws tell the scientists? For which of these forms of feeding where they
>> probably made?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any information about that.
>> Thomas

Looks are deceiving in paleontology. Deinocheirus is an Ornithomimosaur! The only things Therizinosaurs and Ornithomimosaurs have in common is that they are both Maniraptoriformes and they have beaks. Therizinosaurs were once known as the "Segnosaurs." Just about all sources I have seen classify Deinocheirus as an Ornithomimosaur. The size of  Deinocheirus (considering that it was an Ornithomimosaur) was probably something between 21' and 36' long. Deinocheirus was possibly an omnivore and it probably didn't use its arms for killing.