RE: Deinocheirus 2nd try

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
THammann@t-online.de
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 5:01 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Deinocheirus 2nd try

Hi all,

once more a question about Deinocheirus. Hope not to get on your nerves too
much...:-)))

Some sources say that it was probably a plant eater and used its huge arms
and
claws for branching the trees. Other sources say that Deinocheirus could
have
fed on ants and needed its tools for digging. Older souces say that it was a
huge predator which fed on huge prey or at least on fish. But what do the
arms
and claws tell the scientists? For which of these forms of feeding where
they
probably made?

Thanks in advance for any information about that.
Thomas
What would help is looking at the vertebrae and ribs that WERE found with
the specimen. I asked Phil about this and he said that the material now may
be lost (at least I think that's what he said).

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074