RE: News story: Did We Get Dinosaurs' Noses Wrong?

What!!!! No lips?!?!?!? Or even a fleshy covering!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Just because lizards have lips and crocodiles don't doesn't mean dinosaurs did not have lips!!! It seems that dinosaurs have small holes in the bottom and outside surfaces of their maxillary bones and pre-maxillary bones as well as the tops and outside surfaces of their lower jaw and that these holes had blood vessels running through them. If there were blood vessels running through these holes, then there would be some kind of fleshy covering over the teeth! If there weren't any there would not be any lips instead it would be like any other piece of skin on the head and have blood vessels from the rest of the head running through it!! Dinosaurs HAD LIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be happy to READ your research. I’ve done my over many years and have looked into it extensively. I’ve heard all the arguments for and against it. I don’t say things unless I believe in them (as have you). Also, I don’t know if its my system or not, but your statement was in 18 sized font. Just because we like something doesn’t mean it was so (I still need to see Witmers paper on the nose, probably get it this Thursday). I see (off hand and on seeing his talk on such) no reason for it (as of now, but that can change, you never know).

Tracy L. Ford

P. O. Box 1171

Poway Ca  92074