Re: semilunate carpal

I must comment one more time....

Tim Williams wrote (summarizing my posts)

>(2) Aerial locomotion: The "swivel wrist" was evolved for orientational
control (steering and stability) during aerial descents.<

Tim, that is not at all what I'm saying. I'm talking only about evolution of aerodynamic orientational control in cursorial animals.

>(2) holds that secondarily non-aerolocomotive<

Aarrghhhhhhhhhh! One more time, I am NOT talking about a secondarily flightless condition!  My premise is that the avian folding wrist evolved in cursors as an advancement for aerodymanic control when moving quickly >on the ground<.  Please stop restating my position if you insist on getting it wrong.

PTN