Re: Zuniceratops

Chris,

As Andy Farke has said in his post:
>In a recent article (cited below), Wolfe mentions that "a partial squamosal
>preserves the contact for the jugal" (this was after the other "squamosal"
>was re-identified). "This and other frill fragments suggest that the
>_Zuniceratops_ frill is likely to be relatively thin, fenestrate and
>probably without epoccipitals."

>Wolfe, D. G. 2000. New information on the skull of _Zuniceratops
>christopheri_, a neoceratopsian dinosaur from the Cretaceous Moreno Hill
>Formation, New Mexico. pp. 93-94, in S. G. Lucas and A. B. Heckert, eds.
>Dinosaurs of New Mexico. New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
>Bulletin No. 17.

If you would like, I can scan or fax the above cited reference to you.

I can say, that we have found numerous pieces of the frill as well as more
of the skull,
since the above referenced paper was written.

To quote HP Holtz, you'll just have to "wait for the paper".

Tom Robira
705 North Irving Circle
Tucson, AZ  85711
robira@theriver.com
Member:  Society of Vertebrate Paleontology
                Southwest Paleontological Society
                Zuni Project