RE: Velociraptor v. Protoceratops?

At 09:07 AM 8/9/2001, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
Ah, a good murder mystery (or is it a murder)...

Are you suggesting natural causes? I can see it now, the Velociraptor, upset by the death and scavenging of his pet Protoceratops, grief stricken, has a heart attack and dies trying to get it to play just one more time......

Seriously, though, I am always fascinated when a skeleton is so complete and well preserved, in articulation, but is missing a leg or arm or something. Even more bizarre to me is when they are missing a section of tail vertebrae or back vertebrae. Other than erosion and scavenging, what causes this to happen?

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@sympatico.ca>

For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy/