Re: semilunate carpal

In a message dated 8/9/01 12:12:53 PM EST, twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com writes:

<< Your argument boils down to "Well _Archaeopteryx_ comes before the
dromaeosaurids in the fossil record; therefore birds evolved before
dromaeosaurids."  This is a "face-value" interpretation of the fossil record.

This is a false misstatement of my argument. Whatever happened to Logic 101?

What you have done is state the converse of my argument, which is not the
same thing at all, and is quite incorrect. I feel as if I'm beating my head
against a wall here.

Here's the "therefore" about it: For other reasons, I assert that birds
evolved flight before dromaeosaurids appeared; therefore, you will find
flying birds in the fossil record before dromaeosaurids. And voila! (Get it?)