Re: semilunate carpal

In a message dated 8/9/01 10:34:57 PM EST, Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< I don't think you can infer the existence of >maniraptorans< in a horizon
solely on the basis of teeth; theropod teeth are diagnostic to suborder or
family at best. >>

This isn't exactly correct. What I meant to say is that if we do find small
teeth earlier than Archaeopteryx, it will be difficult to impossible to
distinguish small ceratosaur from carnosaur from tetanuran from maniraptoran
teeth. They're pretty much nondescript when they're just a couple of
millimeters tall.

This is my seventh and final post for the day, if I've counted correctly.