Re: semilunate carpal

Tim Williams wrote-

> I have a Late Jurassic (late Tithonian) age for the Middle Purbeck beds
> which yielded _Nuthetes_ (and _Echinodon_ as well).  Has this horizon been
> re-dated?

I believe it has.  Although I cited a Late Tithonian age back in January
(oops), it was from the Dinosauria's stratigraphy section.  It turns out it
actually crosses the Tithonian-Berriasian boundary.  Go to
http://www.soton.ac.uk/~imw/purbfac.htm#headpage for more information than
you ever wanted to know about the Purbeck Formation.  There are many members
of the formation, the lowest of which (Caps Beds, Dirt Beds) may be
Tithonian.  The others are Berriasian.  Nuthetes destructor was found in the
Cherty Freshwater Member, which is the sixth of fourteen members.  Thus, it
was Berriasian.

Mickey Mortimer