PSITTACOSAUR TAIL IMAGES

Gunter Van Acker writes:
The fact that an identical psittacosaur image is shown in two independently
published books, which aim at 2 totally different types of
dinosaur-enthousiasts, strengthens its case.

Although, I have yet to see Martill and Naish's work, I have a feeling that
the similar imagery might be the result of the close personal friendship of
Darren Naish (who is quite a good artist), and Luis Rey, who have
collaborated on artwork before.

Perhaps the similarities are nothing more than the product of conversations
between the two centering on psittacosaur defense or display, and
inadvertantly both used the idea in somewhat fanciful reconstructions.

Although this might not be as fantastic as what most people have hoped for,
it may be a little closer to the truth.

Pete Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com