Re: Tarbosaur/Tyrannosaur-Velocirapter/Saurantholestes ???

"T. Mike Keesey" wrote:

> Of course, Paul also made _Deinonychus_ a junior synonym of
> _Velociraptor_. (I haven't seen anyone follow this move, though.)

Not a paleontologist, but Michael Crichton seems to have followed Paul's lead
(if
I'm not mistaken), and then a certain film director opted to exaggerate the size
of these critters, to the endless confusion of popcorn munchers around the
world.

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu