RE: Tarbosaur/Tyrannosaur-Velocirapter/Saurantholestes ???

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tracy L. Ford
>
> AND me <
>
> Did you, no offense, go over and study Tarbosaurus?

Actually, I waited for it to come a little closer (see below).

> I know you did at the
> Dinofest in Arizona, which was a very limited time. Are there Tarbosaur
> specimens in the USA that we need to know about that can be studied.

Well, there were. I was able to climb all over the type skull of T. bataar
and the type skeleton of T. efremovi (and a few other pieces) while they
were in Trenton: where do you think the photograph of the type skull on my
website came from?  I arranged with the NMH to climb around and measure
several different specimens on loan from Warsaw while they were in London.
There were a few other much less complete pieces here and there on loan at
various museums that the  local workers allowed me to examine.

ME:
>> Be that as it may, though, we could be wrong.  If so, show us.  Give the
> world a more compelling argument than "Tarbosaurus lived in
> Asia".  In point
> of fact, I know of at least one guy who DOES have some potential evidence
> for this, and his work is currently being reviewed.  Where it winds up,
> though, we'll have to see.<<
>
> * Well, to quote a famous line, Just wait for the Damn Paper! A
> monograph on
> Tarbosaurus IS BEING WORKED ON. Not by George or I, but Someone who has
> access to the specimens. And Tom, you should know this, he was at the Phil
> Party. I can't say what his findings, right now are,

But I can.  This is **PRECISELY** what I was refering to where my paragraph
(which you quoted above) said:
"In point of fact, I know of at least one guy who DOES have some potential
evidence for this, and his work is currently being reviewed.  Where it winds
up, though, we'll have to see."

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742