Re: FW: [DebunkCreation] FORWARD: Re: From Wgbh Educational Foundatio n

In a message dated 8/15/01 11:55:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dino.hunter@home.com writes:

<< No offense to your response, but do you have any idea how OLD these
illustrations are? They were done long, long before the new findings. So you
can't fault the artist for doing the paintings the way they were. What we
need to look at is this style, which I and I know Dan likes.>>

      It was a beautiful drawing, but the price was right, too. Dr. Clack's
Tree of Life article is very interesting. I knew about about Acanthostega,
but confess to ignorance of the new Ichthyostega material. However, since the
first three(?) digits of the Ichthyostega pes seem to form a single
functional unit, I've a sneaking suspicion that one would need an x-ray
device to determine the actual number of digits in a living specimen.
Wonderful animals.
      An important point I'd also like to make to all the paleolife artists
here is the importance of doing a variety of animals. There are only so many
tyrannosaurs and "Raptors" needed for publication--believe it or not. A nice
portfolio of a variety of these "bit players" like Ichthyostega can come in
handy. DV   PS Doug Henderson has apparently wanted to do a Devonian book for
a long time but has found little interest from publishers. Can you just
imagine what he could do with all this swampy stuff and those early coal
forests not to mention Dunkleosteus?! DV