Re: semilunate carpal

He attributes his success in part to a childhood injury to his right elbow, which healed badly so that bones fused in a way that restricted his movement. The result was that his cueing action was abnormally clean and straight, since he didn't have the flexibility for side-to-side movement which hinders most snooker players.

A nice example. :) I think in maniraptors that the restriction in movement was dorsoventral - but a lot of sidewards/transverse motion was permitted.

Purely anectodal, and based on a pathology rather than a selected-for
character, but evidence that restrictions on mobility can be helpful!

Certainly! For snooker and predation alike I would say! :)

Chris