From: Dinogeorge@aol.com
To: kinman@hotmail.com
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Revised Ornithischian Classification
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:42:18 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/01 11:03:56 PM EST, kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< George,
      My Ankylosauridae (sensu lato) includes Scelidosaurinae, Minmi,
 Nodosaurinae, and Polacanthinae.  Likewise Stegosauridae includes
 Huayangosaurinae. >>

Well, I guess that answers my question. Perhaps you should put the
subfamilies into your chart (Ankylosaurinae, too), just to make sure everyone
knows what's going on.

You might want to include a Scutellosaurinae in Ankylosauridae sensu lato,
too. The scutes of Scutellosaurus are tiny but otherwise strikingly similar
to those of ankylosaurids sensu stricto, and it's merely a very basal
ankylosaurid that doesn't warrant a family of its own.