Re: rampant speculation

Rob Gay wrote-

> Understandably, undescribed is undescribed, but to my knowledge, there are
> no small dinosaurs at all from the North Horn. About the only thing small
> get preserved (frustratingly enough) are large lizards (complete and
> sometimes articulated!!!). There's tyrannosaurs, hadrosaurs, ceratopsids,
> and teeth from some coelurosaur, along with a dromeosaur ungual, and
that's
> really about it (in terms of dinosaurs). The depositional environment over
> most of the NH, as far as its known, doesn't seem to be too condusive to
> preservation of small animals (except in localized conditions). So, I'm
not
> holding my breath for anything small from the North Horn...

The information comes from Kirkland et al. (1998), who list
Hypsilophodontidae indet. in a faunal list of the North Horn Formation.
They state "screenwashing microvertebrate sites has increased faunal
diversity" and reference Cifelli et al. (in press).  Listed taxa are-
Troodontidae, Tyrannosaurus, Alamosaurus, Ankylosauridae?,
Hypsilophodontidae, Hadrosauridae, Pachycephalosauria and Torosaurus.

Kirkland, J.I., Lucas S.G. & Estep, J.W. (1998) Cretaceous dinosaurs of the
Colorado Plateau Fossil Plants and Invertebrates Proceedings volume for the
The "Lower to "Middle" Cretaceous terrestrial ecosystems" symposium, Fruita,
CO, Dinamation LOWER AND MIDDLE CRETAACEOUS TERRESTRIAL ECOSYSTEMS Spencer
G. Lucas, James I. Kirkland and John W. Estep, Eds. New Mexico Museum of
Natural History Bulletin 14.

Mickey Mortimer