RE: Psittacosaurid hair!

Title: RE: Psittacosaurid hair!

David Marjanovic wrote

> Do you suggest that it could a synapomorphy in basal dinosaurs?

>It would be really interesting if such stuff ever turned out to be
>synapomorphic for Ornithodira (in its original definition and now assumed
>contents) -- then pterosaur hair would be homologous to feathers, and crocs
>would have lost it secondarily. I'm just trying to imagine a fuzzy
>*Prolacerta* :-S ... and I'm waiting for confirmation of the hairs on
>alligator throats...

The possible synapomorphic nature of this fibre-like integument, for Ornithodira, was exactly what I suggested in my original message.

http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/2001Aug/msg00437.html

How I ordered the "Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight" book from The Palaeontological Association;

first I calculated the total cost for my order (a total of 3 books, at non-member prices, plus the applicable cost for shipping) and I sent an e-mail to palass@palass.org, and asked them to confirm the total cost and availability of the books.

Then I ordered the books by sending a fax message (based on the pdf-document from the Pal. Assoc. website) with payment details; I received the order less than a week later.

Regards,

Gunter Van Acker

GunterVanAcker.mesozoic@pi.be
 or