Re: Psittacosaurid hair!

From: "Zoe Heraklides" <z_heraklides@hotmail.com>

I recall that integument/epidermally derived spikes were recorded for a sauropod (?Diplodocid?) specimen from N. America. Can anyone >confirm?

Yes, this is true. And although I haven't yet seen an official paper detailing these structures specifically (feel free to chime in here, anyone), I do know that Stephen Czerkas makes mention of these dermal structures in an article entitled "Skin," which can be found in Currie and Padian's _The Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs_. The article also contains some good figures of these curiosities.

-Jordan Mallon